Important Land Resources and Information
Whatever you use your land for, having the right information available can be critical. That’s why Tom Smith Land & Homes has put together this comprehensive collection of useful links and resources to help you make the most out of your land investment.
WETLAND RESERVE EASEMENTS IN MISSISSIPPI
Funds Available to Mississippi for Longleaf Pine Initiative
Mississppi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks
2016-2017 Hunting Seasons White-Tailed Deer
Sippi Land Service, LLC Brandon, MS CLICK HERE
Here are some other websites that advertise our properties! See something you are interested in? Be sure to call one of our real estate professionals at Tom Smith Land and Homes.
CLICK HERE! to view the Farm Bill!
- What are Conservation Programs? CLICK HERE!
- What is WRP (Wetlands Reserve Program)? CLICK HERE
- What is GRP (Grasslands Reserve Program)? CLICK HERE!
- What is CSP (Conservation Stewardship Program)? CLICK HERE!
- Links to other programs of the Natural Resources Conservation Service – CLICK HERE!
- Recommendations for Wild Turkey Management (National Wild Turkey Federation) – CLICK HERE!
Land Mortgage Folks
- Southern Ag Credit
- Trustmark Mortgage – Contact Bennie Butts at 601-208-6423
- First South Farm Credit
Check out these great articles…
- Mississippi Ranked No. 1 For Deer Hunting in 2016 (by Brian Broom)
- Mississippi No. 1 for mature buck harvests (by Brian Broom)
- Antler Restrictions to Manage for Older-Aged Bucks (by Dr. Bronson K. Strickland)
- Food Plots vs. Managed Understory (by Steve Demarais, Ph. D.)
- Quality Vegetation Management (by Scott Edwards, Steve Damarais, Ph. D., Bronson Strickland)
- Managing for Antler Production (by Steve Demarais, Ph. D.)
- Income Tax Deduction for Timber Casualty Loss (by Dr. Linda Wang, Forest Taxation Specialist, USDA Forest Service)